· (1.25 MB)
What is new in version 3.80: 1. Added support for
ZIP archives containing Unicode file names in UTF-8 format. When
creating ZIP archive, WinRAR stores names in Unicode only if they
cannot be stored correctly using the current single byte character set.
2. Added decompression support for WinZip AES encrypted ZIP archives.
3. Improved Unicode support for RAR and ZIP archive names.
4. "Ask before overwrite" and "Skip existing files" update modes are
now available in archiving dialog. They allow to specify WinRAR
behavior when updating already existing files in archive. Unlike
already available "Fresh existing files only" and "Add and update
files", these new modes ignore file date and compare only file names.
Command line equivalents of these modes are:
a) switch -o enables "Ask before overwrite" archiving mode;
b) switch -o- enables "Skip existing files" archiving mode;
c) switch -o+ enables "Overwrite all" mode (default for archiving).
5. New "Add to context menu" option in "Profile parameters" dialog. If
this option is on, the profile name will be displayed in Explorer
context menus allowing to activate a profile from context menu.
6. New -cp switch allows to select a compression profile in command
line mode. It is supported only by GUI WinRAR.exe, not by rar.exe.
7. New "Options" page of archiving dialog contains the group of
settings modifying the behavior of "Delete files after archiving"
option from "General" page:
a) Delete files. Delete files normally like in previous WinRAR versions.
b) Move files to Recycle Bin. Deleted files are placed to Recycle Bin. Command line equivalent of this option is -dr switch.
c) Wipe files. Before deleting file data are overwritten by zero bytes
to prevent recovery of deleted files.Command line equivalent of this
option is -dw switch. All these options have an effect only if "Delete
files after archiving" is on. You can enable any of these options in
the default compression profile to change the default behavior of
"Delete files after archiving".
8. WinRAR "Extraction path and
options" dialog is now resizable. You can use the mouse to drag its
border to the desired size and provide more space for folder tree pane.
WinRAR will store new dimensions of this dialog.
9. New "Update"
SFX script command and "Update mode" group of options in "Update" page
of "Advanced SFX options" dialog. These command and options allow to
check time and implement file time based updating;
10. SFX script
"Shortcut" command and "Add shortcut..." command in "Advanced SFX
options" dialog now allow to specify an icon file containing an icon
associated with shortcut.
11. New "Wipe temporary files" option
in "Settings/Security" dialog provides more secure, though slower, way
to delete temporary WinRAR files.
12. WinRAR and RAR display the
total progress bar when unpacking a multivolume RAR archive if all
volumes are present in the same folder.
13. WinRAR and RAR
automatically expand names of environment variables in list files. For
example, a list file can contain lines like:
This feature is available only in Windows RAR version.
14. Added support of TAR archives with non-zero "extra field" data.
15. Added support of TAR archives, which does not contain the end of archive entry consisting of 512 zero bytes.
16. Improved Unicode support when dragging files from WinRAR window.
17. Shift+Tab key combination can be used in main WinRAR window to
switch the input focus between interface elements (files, comment,
tree, address) in reverse order. In previous versions Shift+Tab used
the same order as Tab.
18. Corrected a possible WinRAR crash when opening truncated UDF ISO files